Black Friday shopping became Black Friday shoplifting for some, with three thefts reported before 8 a.m.
In one, a pair was arrested after thefts at the Stoneridge Shopping Center.
Iveth Guadalupe Guerrero Torres, 22, of Oakland was arrested on two misdemeanor counts of theft and receiving stolen property ,and Sergio Rafael Monteon Guerrero, 21, a transient, was arrested for larceny. The incident occurred at about 3:14 a.m. Nov. 29 at J.C. Penney in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road.
The two were spotted on closed-circuit TV, and a search turned up $90 in makeup from Sephora, two bottles of Gucci Cologne valued at $147, $19 boots and a $4 scarf.
Two other shoplifting incidents were reported from mall stores, two vehicles were stolen and two others were burglarized near the mall on Black Friday.
In other police reports:
* A Hayward couple were arrested for multiple felonies after police received a call about an assault in the parking lot of State Compensation Insurance in the 5800 block of Owens Drive.
Dominic Alberto Ruiz, 18, was arrested at about 1:09 p.m. Dec. 1 on felony counts of possession of marijuana for sale and possession of a blackjack and misdemeanor resisting arrest. Alina Mendoza, 24, was arrested on a felony count of carrying a concealed firearm and paraphernalia possession.
When police arrived, Ruiz was arrested for refusing to cooperate while the allegation was being investigated. No assault count was filed, but police could smell marijuana coming from the vehicle the two were driving; a search turned up 120.1 grams of pot, a scale and a foot-long metal rod in trunk of their vehicle as well as a .32-caliber revolver and a glass pipe in Mendoza's purse.
* Three men were arrested in a Nov. 30 bar fight at Sunshine Saloon.
Neil Cotter, 27, of Hayward was arrested at about 2:02 a.m. at the bar in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road for felony battery after a witness identified him as the person who punched a bouncer at the bar. The bouncer was taken to Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley for a laceration on the back of his head that required staples.
Also arrested for fighting were Michael Andrew Gardner, 24, of San Lorenzo and Christian Roberts Richards, 22, of San Lorenzo for punching other patrons at the bar.
* The Sheraton Hotel in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road was hit twice by burglars in one day. A $600 TV and $50 in framed art, four in all, were stolen from the Sheraton Hotel in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road between 9:31 p.m. Nov. 29 and 12:15 p.m. Nov. 30. The theft was reported after a man was checked in without a credit card. The man called someone claiming to be his mother to secure the room with a credit card.
Later that day, at about 8:42 p.m., a guest reported credit cards, a $25 wallet, $40 cash and a Nevada driver's license were stolen from his room. It's unknown if the two were connected.
* A residential burglary in the 2000 block of Olivia Court netted $2,000 in miscellaneous jewelry, $1,000 cash, a $1,200 laptop computer, a $500 camera and a $400 TV. The break in occurred between 2:30 p.m. Nov. 28 and 6:30 p.m. Nov. 29; entry was through an unlocked bedroom window.
* It's unknown how much was stolen in a Dec. 3 break-in at Cardinal Jewelers in the 3000 block of Hopyard Road. Police received an alarm call at about 4:24 a.m. The front door was smashed in and several display cases were damaged. The store is doing an inventory to see what was taken.
In an unrelated commercial burglary at Golfsmith, police received an alarm call at about 4:03 a.m. Nov. 28 and found a glass panel from the store's door had been removed. Again, it's unknown what was taken.
* A vintage 1974 Gibson Les Paul guitar worth $5,000 and a $200 case were stolen from a garage in the 100 block of Monaco Court, reported at about 2:57 p.m. Dec. 3. The door had been left open for a couple of hours, providing access to the home. Left behind in the burglary was another guitar and a mandolin.
* A $3,000 bicycle was stolen from a garage at a home in the 600 block of Windmill Lane. A glass pane from the garage was removed, allowing the burglar to open the door and take the bike in the incident, reported at about 4:41 a.m. Nov. 30.
* Miscellaneous jewelry valued at about $2,000 was stolen the same day in a break-in reported at about 1:28 a.m. in the 4500 block of Lin Gate Street. A garage door leading to the residence was opened providing access to the home.
* A man who left his wallet at the farmer's market on Dec. 1 returned home to find his credit cards had already been used to make charges. One card had four charges, a total of about $700, with one for $736 denied. Three other charges were made on another card for a total of about $465.
* Cash and change was stolen in two Nov. 26 burglaries in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue. In one, reported at 2:54 p.m., about $300 in change and about $100 cash was taken. Entry was made through front door; in the second, reported at about 6:44 p.m., about $220 in cash and change taken, access through an unlocked rear sliding door.
* About four minutes was all the time needed for someone to steal a $350 laptop and a $50 case from the owner of New York Pizza in the 4000 block of Santa Rita Road. The owner stepped next door to make a delivery and discovered the items missing when he walked back in at about around 10:30 p.m. Nov. 29.
*A 17-year-old was arrested for burglary after he attempted to steal $26 in alcohol from Raley's in the 5400 block of Sunol Boulevard in an incident reported at about 3:29 p.m. Dec. 2.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.Police Report
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 8:06 a.m. in the 4800 block of Muirwood Drive
- 9:50 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 4:54 a.m. in the 7500 block of Driftwood Way
- 5:09 a.m. in the 4300 block of Bristolwood Road
- 7:44 a.m. in the 4600 block of Lakewood Street
- 8:38 a.m. in the 7600 block of Cottonwood Lane
- 1:14 p.m. in the 7900 block of Limewood Court
- 2:54 p.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue
- 6:44 p.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue
- 3:59 a.m. at the intersection of Foothill Road and Deodar Way; possession of methamphetamine, paraphernalia possession
- 8:19 a.m. in the 4600 block of Laramie Gate Court; bicycle theft
- 12:34 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 6:48 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 7:56 a.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; paraphernalia possession
- 11:16 p.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street; public drunkenness
- 4:03 a.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive
- 2:10 a.m. in the 5700 block of Owens Drive; public drunkenness
- 2:12 a.m. at the intersection of Trenery Drive and Martin Avenue; DUI
- 2:46 a.m. in the 5300 block of Hopyard Road; DUI
- 2:07 a.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:44 a.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 5:45 a.m. in the 6800 block of Santa Rita Road; auto theft
- 7:32 a.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 12:01 p.m. in the 4900 block of Valley Avenue; bicycle theft
- 10:23 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto theft
- 10:36 p.m. in the 4000 block of Santa Rita Road; theft from structure
- 1:26 p.m. in the 3100 block of Tonopah Court
- 6:41 p.m. in the 2000 block of Olivia Court
- 1:48 a.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 8:23 a.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 3:00 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; public drunkenness
- 11:52 p.m. at the intersection of El Capitan Drive and Vineyard Avenue; DUI
- 8:38 a.m. in the 3900 block of Vineyard Avenue
- 9:04 a.m. in the 4700 block McHenry Gate Way
- 9:27 a.m. in the 3200 block of Streamside Circle; fraud
-1:25 p.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft from structure
- 1:31 p.m. in the 5000 block of Forest Hill Drive; auto theft
- 4:41 a.m. in the 600 block of Windmill Lane; residential burglary
- 1:28 p.m. in the 4500 block of Lin Gate Street; residential burglary
- 8:42 p.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; other
- 1:58 a.m. in the 1800 block of Stanta Rita Road
- 12:50 a.m. in the 3000 block of Bernal Avenue
- 12:18 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and W. Angela Street; fraud
- 9:29 a.m. in the 5600 block of Owens Drive; auto theft
- 8:39 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 11:14 a.m. in the 3400 block of Cornerstone Court
- 11:22 a.m. in the 5700 block of Stonecliff Vista Lane
- 11:23 a.m. in the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue
- 1:32 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 12:58 p.m. in the 5800 block of Owens Drive; carrying a concealed firearm, possession of a blackjack
- 5:04 p.m. in the 3000 block of Hopyard Road; possession of a switchblade
- 6:44 p.m. in the 300 block of Main Street
- 12:08 a.m. in the 6700 block of Bernal Avenue; DUI
- 1:37 a.m. at the intersection of Owens Drive and S. Cal Center; possession of a controlled substance
- 11:27 p.m. in the 5800 block of Laurel Creek Drive; possession of a controlled substance
- 10:29 a.m. in the 3200 block of Vineyard Avenue
- 3:29 p.m. in the 5400 block of Sunol Boulevard
- 12:46 p.m. in the 5100 block of Monaco Drive
- 3:19 a.m. in the 5300 block of Hopyard Road; DUI
- 8:30 p.m. in the 4500 block of Denker Drive; public drunkenness
- 10:21 a.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive; theft from structure
- 4:00 p.m. in the 1900 block of Foxswallow Circle
- 4:24 a.m. in the 3000 block of Hopyard Road; commercial
- 2:57 p.m. in the 100 block of Monaco Court; residential