Employees at 11 restaurants have been given citations for selling alcohol to minors.
Four volunteers ranging in age from 16-19 years old made attempts to purchase alcoholic beverages at restaurants, bars, liquor stores, and other businesses that sell alcohol. The underage decoys visited 37 businesses in the City, and employees at 26 asked for identification and didn't allow the teens to buy alcohol.
Citations were issued to employees at:
* Mama Rosa Pizza and Pasta, 6770 Santa Rita Road
* Alberto's Restaurant, 435 Main Street
* New York Pizza, 690 Main Street
* Lee Garden Restaurant, 5588 Springdale Avenue
* Ashoka Indian Cuisine, 3550 Stanley Boulevard
* India Garden, 210 Rose Avenue
* Joy Chinese Cuisine, 30 W. Angela Street
* Senro Sushi, 30 W. Neal Street
* Sozo Sushi, 2835 Hopyard Road
* Round Table Pizza, 4855 Hopyard Road
* Beijing Bistro, 6654 Koll Center Parkway
In addition to giving citations to employees, those businesses face administrative action against their liquor license by Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control. Those actions range from fines to suspension of a liquor license.
Decoys are used on a regular basis to check whether businesses are selling tobacco or alcohol to underage buyers. Friday's operation was conducted by the Pleasanton Police Department's Special Enforcement Unit in collaboration with the California ABC Department.