News

Interim principal named at Walnut Grove

Superintendent: 'I am not legally permitted to discuss any personnel issues'

An interim principal has stepped in at Walnut Grove Elementary School, although district officials aren't saying why.

This story contains 771 words.

If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.

If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by Cris
on Nov 7, 2013 at 8:37 am

I hope that the teachers at Walnut Grove know they are Appreciated. I hope that Mr.Vranash also knows that he is appreciated.. I hope the district understands they are NOT appreciated!

Like this comment
Posted by Irresponsible Newspaper
a resident of Castlewood
on Nov 7, 2013 at 1:52 pm

So the P-Weekly not only permits a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors about Jon Vranesh's reputation to be posted by anonymous people but then REPEATS those rumors in a SECOND story?

I'm going to clip this story and paste it into my dictionary next to the word "irresponsible" (and maybe the word "contemptible").

It's really disgusting to see what Gina Channell-Allen and Jeb Bing will do to get a little attention to their sorry excuse for a newspaper, up to and including slinging mud at Jon Vranesh.

Like this comment
Posted by I've said it before
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Nov 7, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I said it on the previous post, but want to make it clear. I am a teacher and had Jon Vranesh as my vice-principal. He is an amazing man and I learned so much from him. During his time at my school he worked hard and appreciated myself and the other teachers.

Mr. Vranesh - YOU ARE SUPPORTED!!!! There are a lot of teachers who are going to stand up for you!

Like this comment
Posted by member
on Nov 7, 2013 at 6:14 pm

principal vranesh is a great principal. it is very sad what is happening at this wonderful school.

Like this comment
Posted by Another Mom that's supports Mr. Vranesh
a resident of Foothill High School
on Nov 7, 2013 at 6:20 pm

My children are a bit older so had Mr. Vranesh at PMS and Foothill. We have some great talent in the district, but he's the best of the best. He made my daughter want to make right choices. He knew his students and he knew the parents. He was hands on never taking the path of least resistance. He wanted to make a difference in the lives of his students including my oldest who was sent to his office a few too many times. He never gave up on her and made her want more. I'm not saying she's a criminal or ever even received a referral, but I believe his hands on nature and being among his students helped keep many of them from getting referrals or worse.

I have one left at FHS and was so sorry to see him go. I haven't gotten to know the new FHS principal, but if that new principal were Mr. Vranesh, he would know most of us by now. I mean no disrespect to the new FHS principal, but it's too bad Mr. Vranesh wasn't moved into the principal's slot at FHS if the teachers at Walnut Grove can't handle his amazing leadership skills. It makes me sick that the children at WG are being cheated out of having him there. This is a huge mistake, something I say after years of interacting with him in his roles related to my own children that were his students.

If you are a WG parent, demand answers and get this man back assuming he would agree to doing so. I promise you that as an administrator they don't come any finer.

Thank you Mr. Vranesh for always trying to point my daughter in the right direction. Maybe you're just too good for this city who can't seem to keep talent here. I wish you nothing but the best.

Like this comment
Posted by District witchhunt
on Nov 8, 2013 at 3:05 am

Can anyone explain why Walnut Grove now has an interim principal that was once the principal of Village High continuation school while Bill James was the superintendent and has a credential for teaching grades 7 though 12 only? The out of touch district administrators bring a former principal of Village High continuation school who has never taught at the elementary level to an elementary school? What are they thinking?

I agree that Mr. Vranesh is probably one of the best principals in the PUSD. He is well respected by the teachers and the parents of this community. Unfortunately, the out of touch district administrators seem to be on some sort of witchhunt.

To post your comment, please login or register at the top of the page. This topic is only for those who have signed up to participate by providing their email address and establishing a screen name.

Changing my Registration for Bernie
By Roz Rogoff | 80 comments | 1,147 views

Conjecture Madness
By Tom Cushing | 4 comments | 489 views

Celebrating a long overdue groundbreaking

So You Are Planning on a Career in Law? Read on!
By Elizabeth LaScala | 2 comments | 345 views