A man was hit with a baseball bat and robbed of his cell phone by two people at a Pleasanton apartment complex on July 15, according to police reports.
The victim told police he was invited to an apartment in the 5300 block of Case Avenue. There, he was hit the left knee by a woman wielding a metal baseball bat and ordered to turn over his phone and car keys.
Mariah Banks, 22, of Tracy and Kevin J. Munoz, 18, of Pleasanton were arrested for robbery in the incident, which occurred at about 6:23 p.m. Banks was also arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.
Munoz was arrested at about 8 p.m. at his apartment, where the crime took place, and Banks was taken into custody at about 9:50 p.m. in the 800 block of Summer Lane in Tracy.
Both were ordered held at the Santa Rita Jail, Banks on $130,000 bail and Munoz on $100,000 bail.
In other police reports:
* Antonio Jose Ortega, 23, of Pleasanton was arrested on a felony warrant from Pleasanton for lewd conduct with a child. Ortega also was arrested on two other warrants, for possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance and being under the influence of a controlled substance. He was taken into custody at about 7:10 a.m. at his home in the 3500 block of Yellowstone Court.
* Jesse Aaron Basurto, 33, a transient, was arrested for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of a concealed firearm by a felon after a routine check of the registry at Motel 6 in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road. Basurto was arrested at about 2:07 a.m. July 13.
* Jonathan William Schadegg, 29, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 4:27 p.m. July 14 for felony threats and misdemeanor battery in the 3900 block of Bernal Avenue.
* Jessica Ann Girts, 34, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 8:28 a.m. July 12 in the 2100 block of Alexander Way on a felony warrant for grand theft from Alameda County.
* Three businesses were hit in a July 13 overnight commercial burglary in the 2700 block of Hopyard Road. Rancho Grande Taqueria, Hopyard Nail and Sheer Cuts had more than $7,000 in cash and items taken and $4,000 in damage to sheetrock walls. Entry was gained through an unlocked utility area, and the thief or thieves broke through interior walls to plunder the three businesses.
Taken was a $1,300 roto hammer was stolen along with $1,200 in cash, an $810 nail tool device, an $800 cash register, $1,950 in miscellaneous tools, a $600 laptop computer and a $380 Buddha statue. The tools were stolen from the taqueria, which is under construction. The incident was reported at about 11:04 a.m. July 14.
* Wells Fargo in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road reported an attempt to deposit a counterfeit check for $12,100. There was no arrest in the incident, reported at about 1:08 p.m.
* Jewelery valued at $1,050 was stolen from a home in the 3600 block of North Glacier Court in a burglary reported at about 2:39 p.m. July 15. Entry was made by forcing the front door open.
* An $800 television and $100 video game console were stolen in a residential burglary from an unlocked home in the 300 block of Rose Avenue, reported at about 5:25 p.m. July 10.
* A resident of the 800 block of Sylvaner Drive reported a case of identity theft after receiving a collection letter from Georgia Natural Gas for $543.03.
* A resident of the 3600 block of Olympic Court reported at about 9:51 a.m. July 10 that about $400 in fraudulent charges were made on a Target Visa Card. All of the charges originated in Arizona.
* A resident of the 3600 block of S. Hawaii Court reported a credit card was opened in her name. No charges were made.
* Nothing was stolen in a July 11 shoplifting attempt by two juveniles ages 15 and 16. The two were taken into custody at about 3:36 p.m. at J.C. Penney in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road.
* The front door of New Leaf Market in the 3500 block of Bernal Avenue was smashed sometime around 3:12 a.m. July 12 in an apparent commercial burglary attempt. Nothing was taken.
* Nothing was taken in a residential burglary in the 4000 block of Payne Road after the lock on a garage door was slipped to provide entry. While no one was arrested, police recovered a crowbar and flashlight at the scene. The incident was reported at about 11:12 a.m. July 15.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 9:51 a.m. in the 3600 block of Olympic Court; fraud
- 9:54 a.m. in the 4000 block of Pimlico Drive
- 1:46 p.m. in the 3600 block of S. Hawaii Court; fraud
- 7:56 p.m. in the 1200 block of Bordeaux Street
- 5:25 p.m. in the 300 block of Rose Avenue
- 1:13 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road
- 12:01 p.m. in the 1100 block of Santa Rita Road
- 11:03 a.m. in the 2700 block of Santa Rita Road
Possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance
- 2:24 p.m. at the intersection of Dublin Canyon Road and Canyon Creek Circle
- 1:03 p.m. in the 800 block of Sylvaner Drive; fraud
- 4:41 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 11:49 a.m. in the 2000 block of Eilene Drive; residential burglary
- 3:36 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 6:18 a.m. in the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road
- 1:08 p.m. in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road
- 4:13 p.m. in the 6000 block of Hopyard Road
- 3:16 a.m. in the 3500 block of Bernal Avenue
- 7:15 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Mohr Avenue
- 7:22 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Valley Avenue
- 12:25 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street
- 3:53 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 9:40 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
-10:03 a.m. in the 3100 block of Bernal Avenue
- 2:07 a.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road
- 1:58 a.m. in the 4200 block of First Street
- 11:37 p.m. in the 7200 block of Johnson Drive
- 4:08 p.m. in the 500 block of Main Street; shoplifting
- 5:19 p.m. in the 500 block of Main Street; shoplifting
- 7:01 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 9:02 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto theft
- 11:04 a.m. in the 2700 block of Hopyard Road
- 1:17 a.m. in the 600 block of Main Street
- 7:02 p.m. in the 2200 block of Segundo Court
- 3:49 p.m. in the 3900 block of Bernal Avenue
- 6:26 a.m. in the 4300 block of Black Avenue
- 12:10 a.m. near the intersection of I-680 and Bernal Avenue
- 6:23 p.m. in the 5300 block of Case Avenue
- 5:29 p.m. in the 6200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 11:12 a.m. in the 4000 block of Payne Road
- 12:16 p.m. in the 7400 block of Stonedale Drive
- 2:39 p.m. in the 3600 block of N. Glacier Court
- 6:35 p.m. in the 1300 block of Hopyard Road
- 9:43 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Stoneridge Drive
- 9:44 a.m. at the intersection of Sycamore Creek Way and Sycamore Road
Theft from structure
- 10:38 a.m. in the 1700 block of Greenwood Road
- 7:18 p.m. in the 4600 block of Willow Road
- 2:17 p.m. in the 4300 block of Black Avenue
- 12:38 a.m. in the 3000 block of Bernal Avenue