A Danville man was arrested for shipping nearly a pound of marijuana after a UPS driver noticed a package with an odd smell and brought it to the Pleasanton Police Department, according to police reports.
The shipper, George Richard Stauffer, 50, was arrested at about 7:37 p.m. April 25 for possession of marijuana for sale and sales or transport of marijuana. Police seized 14.3 ounces of pot from the package.
In other police reports:
* A Cupertino man was arrested for sexual battery and public drunkenness during the early morning hours of April 25.
Paritosh R Kulkarni, 26, was intoxicated when he arrived at the home of an acquaintance in the 4100 block of Vineyard Avenue; the resident told police he attempted to grope her, and was kicked out of the home.
Police found Kulkarni passed out in a flower bed outside. He was arrested at about 2:54 a.m.
* Police have no suspects in an arson reported at about 5:48 p.m. April 29 near the intersection of Main Street and Del Valle Parkway along the arroyo trail. The small fire burned about 100 square feet of brush and was quickly extinguished.
* Two women made off with about 20 canisters of powdered baby formula in an incident reported at about 1:02 p.m. April 26 at Safeway in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road. Police recovered four canisters that had been dropped outside.
* Two Pleasanton residents reported being victims of felony identity theft in separate incidents over recent days.
In one, a resident of the 4100 block of Alvarado Street told police his debit card has been used to make a purchase of $574.29 at Walmart.com. That was reported at about 3:56 p.m. April 29.
In the other, a resident of the 1900 block of Brooktree Way told police someone had used his credit card to make Internet purchases of $76.98 and $135.96. That was reported at about 11:04 a.m. April 26.
* Richard Duane Rand, 30, of Sacramento was arrested at about 10:23 p.m. April 27 at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Pickens Lane on a felony warrant for parole violation out of Yolo County.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 7:16 p.m. in the 6700 block of Bernal Avenue
- 11:40 a.m. in the 4300 block of Rosewood Drive; auto theft
- 5:16 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 6:20 p.m. in the 6100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft from structure
- 2:15 p.m. in the 100 block of Spring Street
- 5:25 p.m. in the 600 block of St. Mary Street
- 4:02 p.m. in the 7500 block of Driftwood Way; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 5:32 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 7:33 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; paraphernalia possession
- 2:54 a.m. in the 4100 block of Vineyard Avenue
- 10:27 a.m. in the 3900 block of Valley Avenue
- 9:33 p.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 8:02 a.m. in the 3900 block of Stoneridge Drive
- 7:20 p.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive
- 12:13 a.m. at the intersection of Johnson Drive and Stoneridge Drive; possession of marijuana
- 10:03 p,m, in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue; DUI
- 3:06 a.m. in the 5500 block of Johnson Drive; auto theft
- 11:04 a.m. in the 1900 block of Brooktree Way; fraud
- 2:37 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 9:13 p.m. in the 7600 block of Glenbrook Court; bicycle theft
- 10:20 p.m. in the 5200 block of Genevesio Drive; fraud
- 1:02 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road
- 8:56 p.m. in the 7600 block of Highland Oaks Drive
- 4:33 p.m. in the 4200 block of First Street
Under the influence of drugs
- 5:46 p.m. in the 6400 block of Owens Drive
- 7:34 a.m. in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive; bicycle theft
- 12:33 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 7:06 p.m. in the 6200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 12:45 a.m. at the intersection of Golden Road and Hopyard Road; DUI
- 5:51 p.m. at the intersection of Bernal Avenue and Koll Center Drive; under the influence of a controlled substance
- 7:49 p.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road; possession of marijuana
- 10:32 p.m. in the 600 block of Main Street; DUI
- 10:41 p.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Del Valle Parkway; DUI
- 6:07 p.m. in the 3400 block of National Park Road
- 5:05 p.m. in the 1500 block of Chatham Place
- 6:24 p.m. in the 6600 block of Johnson Drive
- 5:48 p.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Del Valle Parkway
- 3:56 p.m. in the 4100 block of Alvarado Street; fraud
- 5:44 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 7:59 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 12:20 p.m. in the 3800 block of Keneland Way
- 1:39 p.m. in the 4400 block of Willow Road
- 8:35 p.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive
- 11:24 p.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive
- 12:26 p.m. in the 1500 block of Loganberry Way; bicycle theft
- 8:19 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 9:23 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:12 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 4:39 p.m. in the 5600 block of Owens Drive