A battle over a bottle has led to the arrest of a 19-year-old transient in the Safeway parking lot at Santa Rita Road and Valley Avenue.
Brent Mayfield was arrested for robbery after a Safeway employee watched him take a bottle of liquor and leave the store shortly after midnight last Monday.
Outside, Mayfield brandished a knife at the worker, who was able to identify him. Police got an arrest warrant and spotted him on Stanley Boulevard, where he was taken into custody.
In other police reports:
* Andrew B Longoria, 25, of Union City was arrested April 8 for possession of drugs, for heroin and marijuana for sale and for possessing drugs while armed. Longoria was arrested in the 4300 block of Clovewood Lane, along with two others. Francis Edward Principe, 23, of Pleasanton was arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance and paraphernalia possession, and Danielle Nicole Kozel, 20, of Pleasanton was arrested for paraphernalia possession.
* Nicholas Steven Napolitano, 24, of Hayward was arrested April 4 at about 4:20 p.m. in the 5300 block of Broder Boulevard. Napolitano was arrested for making felony threats and brandishing a knife at a worker in the Haagen Dazs Store in the Stoneridge Shopping Center.
* Somnang Chea, 28, a male from Stockton was arrested at about 10:52 p.m. April 5 for possession of burglary tools and possession of a switchblade in a traffic stop in the 4000 block of Santa Rita Road. Chea, a passenger in the car, was on probation, allowing him and the vehicle he was in to be searched. That search led to the discovery of a tool bag containing the knife, tools used for stealing vehicles, and other tools used for stealing catalytic converters.
* Jewelry and electronics worth more than $11,000 was stolen in an April 5 burglary from a home in the 4200 block of Sheldon Circle. Taken was a Rolex watch valued at $8,000 and a diamond ring worth $1,000, along with two laptop computers worth $1,000 apiece, along with a $200 ring, a $200 necklace and a $200 anklet. The break-in took place between 10:20 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.; the glass in a rear sliding door was removed to gain entry.
* A resident of the 2800 block of Chocolate Street reported someone had filed and received a tax refund with the Internal Revenue Service using his name. The incident was reported at about 10:11 a.m. April 5; no information on the amount taken was available.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 7:43 p.m. in the 7600 block of Stoneridge Drive
- 5:44 a.m. in the 400 block of Mission Drive
- 5:18 p.m. in the 3400 block of Gulfstream Street
- 10:19 a.m. in the 3100 block of Gulfstream Street
- 11:35 p.m. in the 6800 block of Santa Rita Road
- 1:40 p.m. in the 3700 block of Reflections Drive
- 3:43 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:20 p.m. in the 5300 block of Broder Boulevard
- 7:15 p.m. at the intersection of Old Vineyard Avenue and Vineyard Avenue
Possession of marijuana for sale
- 11:34 p.m. in the 2300 block of Santa Rita Road
- 10:11 a.m. in the 2800 block of Chocolate Street; fraud
- 3:43 p.m. in the 5800 block of Corte Mente
- 5:51 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 6:18 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 6:52 p.m. in the 3500 block of Bernal Avenue; theft from structure
- 3:33 p.m. in the 4200 block of Shelton Circle
- 1:37 p.m. in the 5500 block of Johnson Drive; public drunkenness
- 6:42 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road; possession of drug paraphernalia
- 4:27 p.m. in the 500 block of Main Street; bicycle theft
- 8:27 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 2 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street
- 5:09 p.m. in the 5800 block of Laurel Creek Drive
- 8:51 p.m. in the 4500 block of Pleasanton Avenue
- 12:58 a.m. at the intersection of I-580 and Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 1:12 a.m. at the intersection of St. Mary Street and Division Street; DUI
- 5:13 p.m. in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue; public drunkenness
- 5:39 p.m. in the 2900 block of Moreno Avenue; paraphernalia possession
- 10:25 p.m. in the 5800 block of Laurel Creek Drive; possession of marijuana, possession of tobacco by a minor
- 3:50 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft from structure
Under the influence of a controlled substance
- 11:12 p.m. at the intersection of Bernal and Pleasanton avenues
- 12:58 a.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road
- 11:51 a.m. in the 4200 block of Payne Road
- 12:04 p.m. in the 6400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; fraud
- 12:26 p.m. in the 4000 block of Pimlico Drive; auto theft
- 2:53 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto theft
- 5:08 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 5:11 p.m. in the 7100 block of Johnson Drive; theft from structure
- 10:51 p.m. in the 4300 block of Clovewood Lane; possession of drugs for sale, under the influence of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 9:25 p.m. in the 6700 block of Bernal Avenue
- 8:50 a.m. in the 9400 block of Blessing Drive
- 8:53 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Vervais Avenue
- 12:49 p.m. in the 5700 block of Northway Avenue
- 1:04 p.m. at the intersection of Arbor Drive and Navalle Court