Police are investigating a report of an early morning robbery attempt from an admitted prostitute at a room in the Best Western in the 5300 block of Owens Court.
According to a Feb. 19 report, the victim told police that around 2:12 a.m. a man used a silver handgun and attempted to rob her inside her room. When she refused to give him money, the suspect broke a window of the room and left.
Under questioning, the woman admitted she was there to engage in prostitution, according to Pleasanton police Sgt. Kurt Schlehuber. No arrest was made.
In other police reports:
* Vanessa Susana Palma, 29, of Millbrae was arrested Feb. 12 for felony theft from the Stoneridge Shopping Center. Palma was caught after bringing clothing into the dressing room and stashing 10 items worth more than $2,095. She was taken into custody at 9:08 p.m.
* Gregory Soto, 42, of Pleasanton was arrested on a felony warrant for auto theft in Tracy. Soto was arrested at about 11:02 p.m. Feb. 15 in the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road.
* Three thousand dollars in cash and a U.S. residency card worth $500 were reportedly stolen in an auto burglary in the 2000 block of Raven Road. The theft occurred between 6 p.m. Feb. 18 and 7:30 a.m. Feb. 19; the vehicle's doors had been left unlocked.
* Computers worth $1,900 and camera equipment worth $1,050 was reported stolen in two Feb. 18 auto burglaries at Stoneridge Shopping Center. In one, reported at 3:03 p.m., a $1,500 laptop and a $400 iPad were stolen, along with a $50 laptop bag. In the second, reported at the same time, a $600 camera and $400 lens were stolen along with a $50 backpack. The rear passenger windows on both vehicles were shattered as well, with a replacement cost estimated at $300 apiece.
* Jewelry worth an estimated $2,850 was stolen from a structure in the 2700 block of Curry Street between 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Taken in the theft were two gold necklaces worth $950 each and a gold ring also valued at $950.
* A $500 laptop was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 300 block of St. Mary Street between 5 p.m. Feb. 16 and 1:15 a.m. Feb. 17. The vehicle's lock was punched, and a lock was punched on a second vehicle at the same location near the same time.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 3:57 p.m. in the 4700 block of Harrison Street
- 10:57 p.m. at the intersection of Foothill Road and Deodar Way; under the influence of a controlled substance
FEB . 13
- 1:29 p.m. in the 400 block of Old Bernal Avenue
- 9:26 a.m. in the 6000 block of Gibraltar Drive
- 4:33 p.m. in the 450 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 8:15 a.m. in the 4300 block of Black Avenue
- 1 p.m. in the 1100 block of Hearst Drive
- 4:08 p.m. in the 300 block of Rose Avenue; bicycling under the influence
- 5:10 p.m. in the 4900 block of Pleasanton Avenue; public drunkenness
- 10:41 p.m. in the 4200 block of Katie Avenue; drug violation
- 2:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of Curry Street; theft from structure
- 6:05 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 8:44 p.m. in the 7600 block of Stoneridge Drive; auto theft
- 7:49 a.m. in the 1300 block of Hopyard Road
- 1:57 p.m. in the 300 block of Junipero Street
- 2:26 p.m. in the 3900 block of Stoneridge Drive
- 12:15 p.m. at the intersection of Bernal Avenue and Vineyard Avenue
- 1:45 p.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 4:07 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 5:28 p.m. in the 7600 block of Stoneridge Drive; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 10:57 p.m. in the 6400 block of Owens Drive; paraphernalia possession
- 3 p.m. in the first block of California Avenue; auto theft
- 4:40 p.m. in the 4600 block of Del Valle Parkway; bicycle theft
- 5:09 p.m. in the 6200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto theft
- 7:54 p.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive; shoplifting
- 8:18 a.m. in the 4700 block of Willow Road
- 10:20 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 8:40 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road
- 1:59 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:22 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 7:01 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 9:40 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 10:22 p.m. in the 6900 block of Corte Madrid
- 12:19 a.m. at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 5:10 p.m. in the 3100 block of Santa Rita Road; possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine possession, paraphernalia possession
- 5:26 p.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 1:03 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street
- 1:12 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street
-10:40 a.m. in the1500 block of Trimingham Drive
- 11:55 a.m. in the 4000 block of Peregrine Way
- 12:01 a.m. in the 3700 block of Hopyard Road; DUI
- 1:07 a.m. at the intersection of Norton Way and Merlot Court; possession of a prescription in another's name, under the influence of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 2:50 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 3:25 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 7:29 a.m. in the 5800 block of Parkside Drive
- 1:48 p.m. in the 500 block of St. Thomas Way
- 12:57 p.m. in the 600 block of Merlot Court; possession of a controlled substance, under the influence of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 2:12 a.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Court
- 7:25 a.m. in the 4400 block of Black Avenue
- 9:45 a.m. in the 5700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 6:55 a.m. in the 4400 block of Sutter Gate Avenue
- 8:18 a.m. in the 2000 block of Raven Road
- 8:18 a.m. in the 4400 block of Sutter Gate Avenue
- 12:21 p.m. in the 6100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 8:14 a.m. in the 4700 block of Muirwood Drive
- 10:37 a.m. at the intersection of Touriga Drive and Palomino Drive
- 10:42 a.m. in the 5300 block of Sunol Boulevard.