Three homes were hit by burglars in recent days, including one daytime break in that netted an arrest. The other break-ins occurred Feb. 6.
In one, a Rolex watch valued at $8,300 was among the items stolen from a home in the 500 block of Kottinger Drive, according to police reports. Also reported stolen was a Swiss watch worth $1,000 and a $1,000 tennis bracelet, an $800 watch and miscellaneous other jewelry and electronics worth a total of $1,900. The break-in occurred between 9:40 a.m. and 12:01 p.m. Entry was made by breaking in a rear door to the home.
In the other, jewelry and other items worth more than $3,000 were reported stolen between 8:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. from a home in the 6700 block of Paseo San Leon. In addition to the jewelry, which was taken from jewelry boxes, a $600 iPad was taken. Access was gained through breaking the frame on a side garage door.
In other police reports:
*Three residents reported they were victims of identity theft.
In one, $2,800 was taken from a resident of the 1600 block of Chatham Lane through a common scam. A man claiming to be the woman's grandson told her he had been jailed in Peru. The woman wired money, but became suspicious when the man called back looking for more. That incident was reported at 9:20 a.m. Feb. 8.
In the second incident, a resident of the 3600 block of Dunsmuir Circle reported that someone had applied for a line of credit in his name. The man later learned that accounts had been opened in his name, but was unable to tell police yet what, if anything, had been charged to those accounts.
In the third, reported at about 10:10 a.m. Feb. 6, a resident of the 5800 block of Arthur Drive told police someone had used her Social Security number to file a tax return.
* Mark Steven Rosencranz, 55, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 7:22 p.m. Feb. 8 in the 3900 block of Stoneridge Drive on a felony warrant for grand theft from Alameda County.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 10:10 a.m. in the 5800 block of Aurthur Drive; fraud
- 11:34 a.m. in the 7000 block of Corte del Oro; bicycle theft
- 4:46 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 12:01 p.m. in the 500 block of Kottinger Drive; residential burglary
- 3:28 p.m. in the 6700 block of Paseo San Leon; residential burglary
- 10:13 a.m. in the 3200 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 2:36 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 7:44 p.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive
- 7:19 a.m. in the 700 block of Rose Avenue
- 1:46 p.m. at the intersection of Del Valle Parkway and Main Street
- 6:15 p.m. in the 4300 block of Foothill Road
- 2:44 a.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; possession of marijuana with intent to sell, transporting marijuana
- 3:56 p.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive; public intoxication/drugs
- 8:55 a.m. in the 500 block of Dolores Place
- 3:02 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 3:41 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall road; theft from structure
- 5:17 p.m. in the 2300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 2:46 p.m. in the 7900 block of Fairoaks Court
- 4:52 p.m. in the 280 block of Hopyard Road; possession of a controlled substance
- 5:07 p.m. in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 8:22 p.m. at the intersection of old Vineyard Avenue and Vineyard Avenue; minor in possession of alcohol, marijuana possession
- 9:09 a.m. in the 700 block of Rose Avenue
- 9:20 a.m. in the 1600 block of Chatham Lane; fraud
- 2:35 p.m. in the 4100 block of First Street
- 5:39 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; embezzlement
- 6:39 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall road; shoplifting
- 10:34 p.m. in the 4700 block of Willow Road
- 1:46 p.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Stoneridge Drive; DUI
- 4:44 p.m. in the 5200 block of Hopyard Road; possession of methamphetamines, paraphernalia possession
- 8:13 a.m. in the 1000 block of Kottinger Drive; auto theft
- 4:07 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:18 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:50 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 5:15 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 8:10 p.m. in the 700 block of St. John Circle
- 12:53 a.m. in the 5400 block of Black Avenue
- 2:34 p.m. at the intersection of Touriga Drive and Palomino Drive
- 1:55 a.m. in the 200 block of Spring Street; public drunkenness
- 2:43 p.m. in the 3100 block of Santa Rita Road; marijuana possession
- 10:34 p.m. in the 3700 block of Hopyard Road; possession of methamphetamines
- 11:55 p.m. near the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Interstate 580; DUI
- 7:19 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 12:25 p.m. in the 7700 block of Knollbrook Drive
- 9:08 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 10:23 a.m. in the 4700 block of Muirwood Drive
- 2:00 a.m. in the 5300 block of Hopyard Road; paraphernalia possession
- 2:02 a.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; public drunkenness
- 9:31 a.m. in the 5300 block of Case Avenue; auto theft
- 11:58 a.m. in the 5700 block of Owens Drive; bicycle theft
- 12:35 p.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive; theft from structure
- 1:27 p.m. in the 4200 block of Valley Avenue; bicycle theft
- 2:45 p.m. in the 1400 block of Briones Lane; residential burglary
- 7:27 a.m. in the 3500 block of Bernal Avenue
- 8:13 a.m. in the 500 block of Main Street; DUI
- 4:23 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall; shoplifting
- 8:30 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft from structure
- 8:59 p.m. in the 3600 block of Dunsmuir Circle; fraud
- 9:32 a.m. in the 600 block of Junipero Street
- 10:09 a.m. at the intersection of Norton Way and Gamay Court
- 10:11 a.m. at the intersection of Pleasanton Avenue and St. John Circle