A routine patrol stop led to the arrest of two people from Stockton on a host of felony charges, according to Pleasanton police reports.
Lionel Ibus Sampayan, 31, and Autumn Janice Stewart, 19, were arrested at about 2:45 a.m. Dec. 26 for possession of stolen property, possession of burglary tools, auto burglary, identification theft and paraphernalia possession. Sampayan was also arrested for possession of methamphetamine, and Stewart was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
Officer J. Christiansen spotted a car parked near the intersection of Mountain View Drive and Canyon Meadows Circle, saw a pair of people walking away from a pickup truck parked nearby, and saw property from the truck on the ground. Approaching the car, Christiansen saw a door lock punch on the floor; a search also yielded drugs, paraphernalia, shaved car keys, rubber gloves and documents and checks in the names of other people.
The two were taken into custody at about 2:30 a.m.
In other police reports:
* Russ William Mendenhall, 34, of Livermore was arrested Jan. 1 in the 5500 block of San Juan Way for receiving stolen property, auto parts theft, petty theft and resisting arrest. A call to police about an auto burglary led to the arrest; Mendenhall was seen looking into a car and apparently inadvertently activated a car alarm.
* Andrea Tatianna Murray, 40, of San Francisco, was arrested on a felony warrant for theft after a call about a suspicious person at the Stoneridge Shopping Center at about 11:20 a.m. Dec. 31. Murray was also arrested for receiving stolen property, paraphernalia possession and giving false identification to a police officer.
* A lock box at Mercedes Benz of Pleasanton in the 5800 block of Owens drive was pried open, keys were stolen and two Mercedes, a 2001 C320 worth $35,000 and a 2000 Mercedes ML320 worth more than $4,000 were stolen -- the second time a lock box at the dealership was pried open in less than a year. The thefts took place between 9 p.m. Dec. 25 and 6:30 a.m. Dec. 26.
* A burglary at a home in the 400 block of Rose Avenue netted $10,000 in jewelry and a laptop computer. An unlocked bathroom window provided access to the home. The break-in took place between 5:30 p.m. Dec. 24 and 2:30 a.m. Dec. 25.
* Felony warrants for drug violations led to the arrests of two men in separate Dec. 26 incidents. John Franklin Schoch, 40, a transient, was arrested at about 9:39 a.m. in the 6400 block of Owens Drive. Richard Christopher Cordova, 23, of Brentwood was arrested at about 7 p.m. in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road.
* Collectibles and tools were among the items stolen in a Dec. 30 burglary in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive. Eight boxes of baseball cards valued at $500, a collection of comic books worth $200, and a $50 figure set were taken, along with tools worth a total of $800, a $200 bag of clothing and a guitar amplifier worth $200. The burglary took place between 10:30 and 11 a.m.; there was no sign of forced entry.
* A Dec. 27 burglary at a home in the 6000 block of Corte Montanas netted about $3,000 in miscellaneous items, mostly computer equipment. The theft took place between 12:27 and 4 p.m., with access through a garage door.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 5:15 a.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; auto theft
- 12:24 p.m. in the 4500 block of Shearwater Road
- 2:25 p.m. in the 600 block of St. Mary Street
- 3:40 p.m. in the 3300 block of Norton Way; fraud
- 2:30 a.m. at the intersection of Mountain View Drive and Canyon Meadows Circle
- 9:57 a.m. in the 5800 block of Owens Drive
- 10:50 p.m. in the 4600 block of First Street
- 11:44 a.m. in the 7000 block of Commerce Circle; auto theft
- 1:21 p.m. in the 4500 block of Hopyard Road; fraud
- 4:34 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 6:40 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:08 p.m. in the 6000 block of Corte Montanas; residential burglary
- 8:37 a.m. in the 4700 block of Muirwood Drive
- 8:43 a.m. at the intersection of Touriga Drive and Palomino Drive
- 12:58 p.m. in the 4700 block of Muirwood Drive
- 12:59 p.m. in the 600 block of Concord Place
- 2:29 p.m. in the 1000 block of Ruby Hill Drive
- 3:27 p.m. in the 5600 block of Springhouse Drive; fraud
- 3:34 p.m. in the 2500 block of Via Espada
- 3:12 p.m. in the 1200 block of W. Lagoon Road
- 10:23 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Del Valle Parkway
- 12:30 p.m. in the 6200 block of Paseo Santa Cruz
- 4:27 p.m. at the intersection of Grapevine Drive and Half Dome Drive
- 5:03 p.m. in the 5200 block of Hopyard Road; DUI
- 6:27 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; under the influence of a controlled substance
- 10:37 a.m. in the 8200 block of Moller Ranch Drive; fraud
- 9:12 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 12:21 p.m. in the 6400 block of Calle Altamira
- 1:27 a.m. in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road; public drunkenness
- 2:35 p.m. in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road; public drunkenness
- 8:07 p.m. at the intersection of Rialto Way and Florian Street; DUI
- 7:06 p.m. in the 5300 block of Hopyard Road
- 9:30 a.m. in the 1989 Santa Rita Road; commercial burglary
- 1 p.m. in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive; residential burglary
- 1:17 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Black Avenue; public drunkenness
- 6:47 p.m. at the intersection of Golden Road and Calle Santa Anna; DUI
- 3:53 p.m. in the 3700 block of Hopyard Road
- 9:25 a.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Valley Trails Drive
- 9:27 a.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Inglewood Drive
- 2:17 p.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Secretariat Drive
- 2:38 p.m. in the 500 block of Kottinger Drive
- 1:49 a.m. in the 3600 block of N. Glacier Court; DUI
- 10:50 p.m. in the 7200 block of Valley Trails Drive; public drunkenness
- 6:44 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; fraud
- 10:29 p.m. in the 7600 block of Maywood Drive
- 4:10 p.m. in the 3500 block of Norton Way
- 12:19 a.m. in the 4500 block of Harper Court; public drunkenness
- 1:29 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Santa Rita Road; DUI.