Three young men were arrested Tuesday afternoon in an apparent attempted residential burglary in the area of Blacow Street and Valley Avenue.
Officers initially responded to a citizen's report of a suspicious looking black Chrysler 300 sedan whose occupants were getting out, knocking on doors and appeared to be "casing" the area. Police observed the vehicle at the end of Blacow Court, solely occupied by a man on a cell phone who was attempting to conceal himself by lying down in the driver's seat.
Approximately one minute after contact, police dispatchers received several 911 calls reporting two men vaulting fences and running through yards in the same area; a contractor spotted the men fleeing a yard on Hall Court while another officer saw them running eastbound on Valley Avenue. Both were stopped and detained by Pleasanton police.
As officers questioned the driver and two men, a third officer checked the back yard of a home on Blacow Street and saw several indications of forced entry attempts. The yard backs up to the rear of the Hall Court home from which the two suspects fled, and witnesses placed all three subjects in the sedan.
Police seized Keandre Valentine, 18, and Torin Armbrust and Kenneth Joseph Jr., both of Oakland and both 20, on charges of burglary and booked then into Santa Rita jail. No additional homes appeared to have been entered and police are unsure whether any property was actually taken.
In other police reports:
* A 21-year-old Pleasanton resident was arrested Aug. 29 after allegedly making threats to a Wells Fargo Bank teller.
Benjamin Horton, a customer of the Wells Fargo inside Safeway on Santa Rita Road, became upset at a bank overdraft fee, according to police reports. He told the teller he had an explosive device and would "blow everyone up," then left the store, police said.
Horton had arrived at the bank at 1:30 p.m., though the incident was not reported until about 3:30 p.m., according to reports. At that time, police did an area check and found Horton still outside in the vicinity of the bank. He did not have explosives, police said.
He was arrested on charges of making threats to commit crimes resulting in death or great bodily injury and was booked in Santa Rita Jail.
* Three men were arrested Sept. 1 after a resident called Pleasanton police about an auto burglary. The witness gave a description of the suspects' vehicle, a late-model black BMW, at the CVS drug store on Rosewood Drive.
An officer spotted the vehicle and followed it from Santa Rita Road onto westbound I-580, then pulled the car over on Dougherty Road at Dublin Boulevard. The men inside matched the description that the witness at CVS gave.
Antelope resident Reginald Elmore, 23, and San Francisco residents Adrian Gordon 24, and Kevin Lamar Lewis Jr., 22, were arrested on charges of possession of property reported stolen, including an iPod Touch. All three were booked in Santa Rita Jail.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 3:41 p.m. in the 4000 block of Rennellwood Way; fraud
- 4:16 p.m. in the 5300 block of Case Avenue; bicycle theft
- 6:55 p.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive; shoplifting
- 7:38 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 3:13 p.m. in the 6100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; graffiti
- 3:03 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road
- 11:32 a.m. in the 7900 block of Stoneridge Drive; fraud
- 1:39 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; fraud
- 6:55 a.m. in the 5800 block of Owens Drive
- 7:28 p.m. in the 400 block of Vineyard Avenue
- 8:05 p.m. in the 400 block of Vineyard Avenue
- 11:14 p.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive
- 7:37 a.m. in the 6300 block of Inspiration Terrace; graffiti
- 6:06 p.m. in the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road
- 9:50 a.m. in the 2200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; fraud
- 11:15 p.m. in the 800 block of Main Street; petty theft
- 5:41 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting, possession of burglary tools
- 3:40 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 11:15 p.m. at Rosewood Drive
- 11:37 a.m. at the intersection of Dublin Canyon Road and Laurel Creek Drive; graffiti
- 12:32 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street
- 12:23 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 6:32 p.m. in the 6800 block of Paseo Santa Cruz; fraud
- 1:07 a.m. in the 700 block of Main Street, DUI
- 4:09 p.m. in the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road; paraphernalia possession
- 5:26 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road; under the influence of a controlled substance
- 11:20 p.m. at the intersection of First Street and Arendt Way; public intoxication
- 11:24 a.m. in the 2100 block of Rheem Drive; fraud
- 3:25 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Road; shoplifting
- 5:42 a.m. in the 5500 block of Pleasant Hill Road
- 12:50 p.m. in the 4100 block of Suffolk Way
- 6:23 p.m. at the intersection of Main and Division streets; public intoxication
- 8:40 p.m. in the 3700 block of Hopyard Road; marijuana possession
- 10:54 p.m. in the 3000 block of Hopyard Road; DUI
- 4:37 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:38 p.m. in the 900 block of Riesling Drive; fraud
- 11:45 p.m. in the 3500 block of Norton Way
- 11:26 a.m. in the 4000 block of Blacow Street; residential burglary
- 8:28 p.m. at the intersection of Ironwood Drive and Cornerstone Court
- 5:11 p.m. in the 5300 block of Hopyard Road; public intoxication