Online scams continue to disappoint those who pay money for tickets, passes only to find they're bogus.
Last month, a Pleasanton woman bought eight passes for $800 on Craigslist supposedly good for both Disneyland parks in Anaheim last month only to find they were bogus.
She found that out after she and her family drove six hours to Disneyland only to be told the passes were no good.
The passes were purchased on July 19 and received on July 31. When the family made the trip on Aug. 7, they learned their passes were bogus; apparently the suspect purchased and printed the passes on a home computer, then cancelled and voided the sale. No arrest has been made but police have a suspect.
In similar but unrelated cases last summer, a 51-year-old woman was arrested for at least 10 similar scams: five here, at least three in Walnut Creek and two others in San Ramon. She arranged to meet local victims at the Cheesecake Factory or P.F. Chang's at Stoneridge Shopping Center. People were paying $250 to $300 per person for three-day park hopper passes, which allowed the buyer to visit both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.
"They're using cash, they're going down there and finding the tickets have never been activated," said Lt. James Knox, adding that the woman presents a fictitious receipt to prove the passes are valid.
In other police reports:
* Two San Francisco men were busted at Walmart on Aug. 17 in what seemed to be a back-to-school shoplifting spree, taking paper, pens and other school related items before being caught, according to police reports.
Christopher James Diehl, 23, and Lemonier Maurice Dillard, 33, were arrested for stealing three pens sets worth a total of $12.91, binder paper worth $.82, a $6.88 clipboard , socks worth $6.27, a $2 bandanna and a $10 baseball cap. Also recovered when the two were arrested were an $89 computer hard drive, three cell phones worth $288.66 and airsoft pistol worth $49.97.
Diehl was arrested for felony shoplifting for using a booster bag to conceal items and lying to police about his name; Dillard was arrested for misappropriation of property, being under the influence of a controlled substance and paraphernalia possession.
* More than $10,000 in perfume samples were reported stolen in a break-in at Extra Space Storage in the 3700 block of Santa Rita Road.
A lock was cut between 1 p.m. Aug. 14 and 11:50 a.m. Aug. 17; taken were 200 .10-ounce bottles of Gucci Premiere perfume worth $4,000; 36 1.7 ounce bottles of Gucci Premiere perfume worth $3,132; 30 3-ounce bottles of Lacoste Challenge perfume valued at $1,500; 20 3-ounce bottles of Hugo Element perfume worth $1,000; and 10 3-ounce bottles of Hugo perfume valued at $500. All were labeled not for sale or sample.
* Police were unable to make an arrest when a clerk at JC Penney reported receiving three counterfeit $20 bills around 8 p.m. Aug. 18. A man who bought a pair of pants was questioned and had two more counterfeit 20s in his wallet but police could not confirm the man knew they were counterfeit. He paid for the pants and told police he had gotten the bills from a man who made change for him outside a store in San Francisco.
* An early morning burglary at Wok Kee Chinese Bistro in the 6600 block of Koll Center Parkway netted $280 in cash; a window was broken in the Aug. 19 incident, reported at about 1:12 a.m.
* Construction equipment worth more that $3,000 was reported stolen from a garage in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive. Taken were two ladders worth $1,300, three nail guns worth more than $1,100, two power saws worth nearly $500, and a $199 air compressor. There was no sign of forced entry in the incident, which occurred between 4 p.m. Aug 17 and 5 p.m. Aug. 21.
* Nothing was stolen in either of two residential burglaries reported on Aug. 20, although a thief or thieves did try to pry a flat screen from the wall of a home in the 4200 block of Sheldon Circle. The homeowner told police she believed someone entered the home through a pet door sometime during the weekend while the family was out of town.
In the other incident, reported at 5:02 p.m. in the 5000 block of Carducci Drive, police discovered an open front door when responding to an alarm from sensors inside the garage door.
* A garage door that was left up Aug. 16 led to the theft of an $800 bicycle from a home in the 4000 block of Cid Way.
* Three men were arrested on felony warrants in separate incidents over the last week.
Mitchell Don Welton, 55, of Pleasanton was taken into custody Aug. 20 in the 700 block of Rose Avenue on Pleasanton warrants for sale of a controlled substance and possession of non-narcotic controlled substance with intent to sell.
Scott Edward Wilbur, 56, of Walnut Creek was arrested at about 8:55 p.m. Aug. 17 on a felony warrant for threats from Claremont police department.
Hector Carlos Moran, 45, was arrested at about 10:24 a.m. Aug. 21 in the 5800 block of Owens Drive on a felony warrant for a probation violation following a traffic stop.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 9:08 a.m. in the 7700 block of Driftwood Way; grand theft
- 1:43 p.m. in the 5700 block of Valley Avenue; forgery
- 3:33 p.m. in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road; grand theft
- 5:50 p.m. in the 3200 block of Picadilly Court; identity theft
- 5:58 p.m. in the 900 block of Sunset Creek Lane; identity theft
- 7:30 a.m. in the 56000 block of Owens Drive
- 10:30 a.m. in the 1800 block of Harms Drive
- 11:03 a.m. in the 1500 block of Ridgewood Road
- 11 p.m. in the 5100 block of Damiano Court
- 8:27 p.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue; under the influence of a controlled substance
- 10:35 p.m. in the 2800 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 8:51 a.m. in the 400 block of Sycamore Road; grand theft
- 3:14 p.m. in the 4000 block of Cid Way
- 12:06 p.m. in the 3700 block of Santa Rita Road
- 10:49 a.m. in the 3900 block of Stoneridge Drive
- 1:37 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; felony shoplifting, misappropriation of property, under the influence of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 5:35 p.m. in the 5300 block of Armani Court; mail theft
- 12:02 a.m. at the intersection of Anderson Street and Division Street; DUI
- 12:45 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street; public drunkenness
- 12:59 a.m. in the 200 block of W. Angela Street; public drunkenness
- 2:14 p.m. in the 1900 block of Fiorio Circle; marijuana possession
- 11:30 p.m. at the intersection of Taleo Way and Tassajara Road; DUI
- 1:37 p.m. in the 1900 block of Brooktree Way; identity theft
- 3:08 p.m. in the 2300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; grand theft
- 8:07 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; forgery
- 12:06 p.m. in the 3700 block of Santa Rita Road
- 3:50 a.m. in the 5500 block of West Las Positas Blvd.
- 2:23 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road
- 2:24 p.m. in the 2500 block of Old Vineyard Avenue
- 5:37 p.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road
-1:22 a.m. at the intersection of Peters Avenue and Division Street; DUI
- 2:05 a.m. at the intersection of Danbury Park Drive and Trimingham Drive; DUI
- 3:21 p.m. at the intersection of Peters Avenue and Rose Avenue; bicycling under the influence of drugs
- 10:44 p.m. at the intersection of Sunol Boulevard and Junipero Street; minor in possession of alcohol
- 11:15 p.m. at the intersection of First Street and Portola Avenue; DUI
- 1:12 a.m. in the 6600 block of Koll Center Parkway
- 1 a.m. at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 2:21 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Bernal Avenue; public drunkenness
- 4:22 p.m. in the 4200 block of Sheldon Circle
- 5:02 p.m. in the 5000 block of Carducci Drive
- 3:15 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; paraphernalia possession
- 5:39 p.m. in the 2800 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 5:49 p.m. in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue; public drunkenness
- 8:15 a.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road; auto theft
- 10:09 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; identity theft
- 5:58 p.m. in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive
- 4:43 p.m. in the 600 block of Sylvaner Drive.