One teen was arrested for vandalism and the owner of a home in the 6000 block of Kolb Ranch Road was cited for hosting a party with underage drinking just before midnight Aug. 8.
Partygoer Phoenix Kai Garvey, 19, of Pleasanton was arrested for misdemeanor vandalism in an 11 p.m. incident at the home, according to police reports. Garvey was arrested for hitting a car with a large metal pole and breaking its windshield; in a vandalism that remains under investigation, another vehicle had its front and rear windshields smashed and three tires slashed.
Police reports say five people under 21 had been drinking at the home. The homeowner's name was withheld.
In other police reports:
* Three Pleasanton women told police they were victims of fraud in separate incidents, all reported Aug. 8.
In one, reported at 4:08 p.m. in the first block of Twelve Oaks Drive, a woman received a letter stating she owed $3,100 in taxes; apparently someone was using her Social Security number at his job, with his earnings are being reported as her income.
In another, which was reported at 8:10 p.m., a woman told police she either left her credit card at Sweet Tomatoes in the 4500 block of Hopyard Road or didn't have the card returned to her at the end of her meal. By the time it was reported missing, it has been used to make a $900 charge at Target in Hayward, a $1,000 charge at Justice, a children's clothing store in Fremont, and a $34.82 charge at Five Guys in Fremont. The thief or thieves returned to Target an hour later and charged another $750.
In an incident reported at 7:55 a.m., a resident in the 1500 block of Rose Avenue told police a $910 charge has been made on her account from San Luis Obispo, although she wasn't there at the time of the charge.
* Two girls were arrested and face possible federal charges for passing bogus $100 bills at Stoneridge Shopping Center at about 8:28 p.m. Aug. 8.
Three fake $100 bills were passed: one at Abercrombie and Fitch, and another two at Abercrombie for Kids. A 12-year-old girl from Union City and a 14-year-old girl from Oakland were arrested for forgery, and the Secret Service, which investigates cases of counterfeiting, was contacted.
* About $50,000 worth of high-end watches and rings were discovered stolen from a home in an Aug. 8 residential burglary in the 3500 block of Bernal Avenue. At around 10:33 a.m., a community service officer went to the address to return some found property -- jewelry and receipts found at Foothill Road and Longview Drive -- and discovered the front door had been kicked in.
* Two adults and one juvenile were arrested for felony shoplifting in separate Aug. 12 incidents less than an hour apart at Stoneridge Shopping Center.
Cecilia Calvillo Jimenez, 37, of Hayward, was arrested at about 5:35 p.m. for taking makeup worth more than $950, including perfume, creams and mascara from JC Penny.
At 6:27 p.m., a 16-year-old girl from Lathrop and Britanee Dominicque Windom, 20, of San Jose, was arrested for felony shoplifting for taking two watches and a bracelet charm from Nordstrom.
* A Stockton man was arrested for auto theft and receiving stolen property on Aug. 13 in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road.
Kevin Chambers, 45, of Stockton was arrested after being spotted by police before pulling into the Safeway parking lot at about 12:52 a.m. The car, an Acura Legend, had been reported stolen in San Jose. Chambers also had a felony warrant from San Jose in a separate incident.
* A grab and run theft at Sprint PCS in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive netted five smartphones worth nearly $3,000 between noon and 12:08 p.m. Aug. 9.
* Electronics were stolen in a break-in at Ingram and Brauns Music store in the 3100 block of Santa Rita Road between noon Aug. 9 and 3 p.m. Aug. 12. Taken were two powered speakers valued at $899 apiece, a $587 powered speaker, a $500 mixing board and a $200 microphone.
* Ryan Joseph Voegele, 23, a transient, was arrested for prowling at around 10:04 a.m. Aug. 12 after the owner of a car shop at 39 California Avenue spotted him on the property.
* A $2,000 bicycle was stolen between 2:20 and 5 p.m. Aug. 8 from a home in the 4000 block of Nevis Street; the bike was taken from the garage, which had been left unlocked. Also stolen were a $100 helmet, $40 bicycling gloves and a $30 bicycle repair kit.
* A pry tool was used on the living room window in a residential burglary in the 3300 block of Norton Way. The burglary occurred between 7:45 a.m. Aug. 11 and noon Aug. 14; taken were a video game console worth about $170 and video games worth $225, along with a $50 guitar amplifier and $20 speakers.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 7:55 a.m. in the 1500 block of Rose Avenue; fraud
- 4:08 p.m. in the first block of Twelve Oaks Drive; fraud
- 6:39 p.m. in the 3100 block of Santa Rita Road; grand theft
- 8:10 p.m. in the 4500 block of Hopyard Road; fraud, petty theft
- 8:28 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; forgery
- 10:33 a.m. in the 3500 block of Bernal Avenue
- 11 p.m. in the 6000 block of Kolb Ranch Road
- 11:59 p.m. in the 6000 block of Kolb Ranch Road
- 1:42 a.m. in the 6000 block of Allbrook Circle; DUI
- 7:37 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession, misdemeanor warrant arrest
- 11:52 p.m. in the 6000 block of Kolb Ranch Road; underage drinking on private property
- 12:08 p.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive; felony shoplifting
- 3:28 p.m. in the 5700 block of Sonoma Drive; forgery
- 6:14 p.m. in the 4000 block of Nevis Street; grand theft
- 8:23 p.m. in the 3300 block of Stanley Boulevard
- 8:28 a.m. in the 3700 block of Reflections Drive
- 1:40 a.m. at the intersection of Crestline Road and Valley Avenue
- 8:01 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Trails Drive and Hot Springs Court; two counts of auto theft
- 8:29 a.m. in the 500 block of Boulder Court; auto theft
- 12:38 a.m. in the 5100 block of Oakdale Court; grand theft
- 12:09 a.m. at the intersection of Valley and Bernal avenues
- 12:43 a.m. in the 1800 block of Valley Avenue
- 1:45 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Valley Avenue
- 3:24 p.m. in the 4600 block of Denker Drive
- 12:20 a.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; public drunkenness
- 1:12 a.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; marijuana possession
- 1:38 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Stoneridge Drive; public drunkenness
- 6:07 p.m. at the intersection of Verona Road and Foothill Road; DUI
- 8:33 p.m. in the 100 block of Neal Street; public drunkenness
- 3:31 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; felony shoplifting
- 5:43 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; felony shoplifting
- 6:39 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; grand theft
- 9:57 p.m. in the first block of California Avenue
- 12:52 a.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road; auto theft, possession of stolen property
- 4:06 p.m. in the 3100 block of Santa Rita Road; grand theft
- 9:40 p.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; grand theft
- 9:27 a.m. in the 4200 block of Hayford Court
- 9:28 a.m. in the 3100 block of Bernal Avenue
- 9:56 a.m. in the 200 block of Rachael Place
- 1:45 p.m. in the 3300 block of Norton Way
- 9:10 a.m. at the intersection of W. Angela Street and Main Street
- 9:38 a.m. in the 3400 block of W. Ruby Hill Drive
- 11:50 a.m. near the intersection of W. Las Positas and I-680
- 2:38 p.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive.