A classic car, a classic pickup truck and two Harley Davidson motorcycles were stolen while parked at or near the Goodguys car show at the Alameda County Fairgrounds last weekend.
The thefts took place June 2-3, according to police reports.
A 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle valued at $24,000 was the first vehicle reported stolen. That was followed the same day by a Harley Davidson Road King worth $5,330, and a $4,000 1985 Toyota pickup truck. The following day a 2009 Harley Davison FLHX worth $20,000 was reported stolen.
All four thefts took place either at the Alameda County Fairgrounds or at the ACE train station parking lot across the street.
In other police reports:
* Two men were arrested June 3 on misdemeanor counts of possession of burglary tools in separate incidents.
Cody Dale Hill, 21, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 1:05 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Northway Road for possession of burglary tools, prowling and possession of a switchblade. A police officer spotted him dressed in dark clothing, walking up a driveway between two parked vehicles and peering into their windows. It turned out Hill was unknown by the homeowner. A search turned up a spring-loaded knife and flashlight.
A traffic stop of a vehicle with no front plate led to the arrest of Maurice Eugene Harris, 59, of Union City. Harris was arrested at about 10:22 p.m. in the 2300 block of Santa Rita Road for possession of burglary tools for having a shaved key in his possession. Shaved keys can open the doors of some older-model foreign cars.
* A traffic stop also led to the arrest of a Newark man for an outstanding felony warrant. Daniel James Meola, 25, was stopped for a brake light out. He was arrested at about 10:26 p.m. May 29 in the 3100 block of Santa Rita Road. He was wanted in an Alameda County warrant for assault with a deadly weapon.
* Three high school girls filed a report of indecent exposure after a May 31 incident. The girls were in the arroyo at the intersection of Vervais Avenue and Main Street filming a school project when an unknown man exposed himself to them. The incident took place at about 8:30 p.m.; there are no suspects.
* Police are investigating five burglaries between May 31 and June 5 in which tens of thousands in jewelry, electronics and high-end apparel were stolen.
On May 31, between 11:50 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. a $5,000 iPad, a $2,500 wedding ring, $2,000 cash, two $1,200 Louis Vitton purses were stolen, along with a $400 gold pendant, a gold necklace valued at $500, a $350 Playstation and two Playstation games worth $100. That burglary took place in the 6300 block of Singletree Way; entry was gained through the front door.
On June 4, miscellaneous gold jewelry worth $10,000 was reported stolen from a home in the 7400 block of Highland Oaks Drive. Also taken were a $2,500 Gucci clutch, a $2,000 Chanel clutch, $400 Gucci sunglasses, $350 worth of camera equipment, a $500 TV, a cable box and DVR worth $200, a $185 purse and $100 shoes. Entry was gained via the back yard, where a door leading into the garage was forced. The theft took place between 9:58 a.m. and 1:40 p.m.
Also on June 4, copper wiring was reported stolen in two commercial burglaries. In an 11:09 a.m. report, 75 feet of specialty commercial-grade wire worth $28,900 and weighing about 750 pounds was stolen from the Clorox construction site in the 5000 block of Johnson Drive.
At 9:39 a.m., 75 feet of copper pipe worth about $1,000 and 300 feet of copper wire valued at about $50 were reported stolen from a business in the 4780 block of Chabot Drive; a pry tool was used for entry.
* Police are investigating a May 31 incident during which a homeowner in the 2300 block of Redberry Court was sprayed with pepper spray in front of his house. A man approached the house and sprayed the 56-year-old man while his daughters watched. The incident occurred at about 6:13 p.m. and police have identified a suspect.
* A June 5 burglary in the 5300 block of Sonoma Drive netted a $350 bike, and $34 bike helmet The items were taken from the carport area between 5 a.m. and 4 p.m. Bolt cutters were used on a lock in the garage.
* Police have a suspect in a fraud at the Bank of America in the 4100 block of Remillard Court. Checks and documents worth about $5,700 were stolen from the bank between 5 p.m. March 6 and 5 p.m. May 15, according to a report filed May 30.
* Police also have a suspect in an embezzlement case that began at about 3:05 p.m. May 31, when a Pleasanton man attempted to register a car at DMV that came up as stolen. The man said he'd paid $3,200 for a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse to another Pleasanton resident.
* Cherice Priscilla Dempsey, 40, of Oakland arrested at about 8:12 p.m. May 30 in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road on charges of shoplifting in the theft of a $50 purse, $50 worth of underwear, a $20 dress and $27 in clothing from J.C. Penney; Dempsey was also wanted on a felony warrant for burglary in Solano County.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 3:29 p.m. in the 3100 block of Carmello Court
- 1:39 p.m. in the 3200 block of Novara Way; grand theft
- 1:09 a.m. in the 6700 block of Santa Rita Road; forgery, identity theft, possession of burglary tools, possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 2:01 p.m. in the 4300 block of Rosewood Drive; auto theft
- 6:09 p.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft
- 7:06 p.m. in the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue; auto theft
- 8:11 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; felony shoplifting
- 9:12 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road
- 9:16 a.m. in the 3600 block of S. Hawaii Court; grand theft
- 11:24 a.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Court; theft
- 3:06 p.m. in the 6300 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; embezzlement
- 1:39 p.m. in the 6300 block of Singletree Way
Use of pepper spray
- 6:13 p.m. in the 2300 block of Redberry Court
- 8:24 p.m. at the intersection of Vervais Avenue and Main Street
- 12:58 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 6:26 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Del Valle Parkway
- 5:57 p.m. in the 4500 block of River Rock Hill Road
- 10:16 a.m. in the 1400 block of Cedarwood Lane; marijuana possession
- 8:40 p.m. in the 600 block of Main Street; public drunkenness
- 10:09 p.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue; DUI
- 11:20 p.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Valley Avenue; DUI
- 11:23 p.m. in the 2400 block of Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 7:46 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 6:53 p.m. near the intersection of Hacienda Drive and Interstate 580
- 9:21 a.m. at the intersection of Sonoma Drive and Sunol Boulevard; auto theft
- 2:05 p.m. in the 4500 block of Pleasanton Avenue; auto theft
- 2:45 p.m. in the 4500 block of Pleasanton Avenue; auto theft
- 4:05 p.m. in the 4500 block of Pleasanton Avenue; auto theft
- 6:28 p.m. in the 4700 block of Woodthrush Court; identity theft
- 7 p.m. in the 4700 block of Willow Road; theft
- 1:16 p.m. in the 3100 block of Half Dome Drive; threats, vandalism
- 12:49 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Mohr Avenue; public drunkenness
- 2:34 a.m. at the intersection of Johnson Drive and Stoneridge Drive; DUI
- 11:48 p.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road; marijuana possession
- 12:50 p.m. in the 5500 block of Johnson Drive; grand theft
- 3:42 p.m. in the 4500 block of Pleasanton Avenue; auto theft
- 6:36 p.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive
Possession of burglary tools
- 1:05 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Northway Road; possession of burglary tools, loitering
- 10:22 p.m. in the 2300 block of Santa Rita Road
- 12:42 a.m. at the intersection of Jensen Street and Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 1:54 a.m. in the 4300 block of First Street; public drunkenness
- 7:20 a.m. in the 7700 block of Canyon Meadows Circle; auto theft
- 5:53 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft
- 9:39 a.m. in the 4700 block of Chabot Drive
- 11:09 a.m. in the 5000 block of Johnson Drive
- 1:40 p.m. in the 7400 block of Highland Oaks Drive
- 2:48 p.m. in the 3600 block of S. Platt Court
- 1:02 a.m. near the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Interstate 680; possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance
- 1:25 a.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 4:20 a.m. at the intersection of Northway Road and Valley Avenue.