News

13-year-old skateboarder killed in Livermore accident last night

Victim apparently struck side of moving pickup on Lomitas Avenue

Nathan William Strube, 13, was killed in a collision with a pickup truck in Livermore Tuesday evening.

Strube, a Livermore resident, was riding a skateboard north on Kara Place at 5:17 p.m. While turning onto Lomitas Avenue, he struck the side of a pickup truck that was traveling east on Lomitas Avenue.

Strube was transported to a hospital where he was later pronounced dead, police said.

Police interviewed the driver of the pickup truck and several witnesses and said alcohol or drugs do not appear to be a factor in the collision.

Anyone with information about the collision has been asked to call Livermore police (925) 371-4850.

Scott Morris, Bay City News

— Bay City News Service

Comments

Posted by Nancy, a resident of Livermore
on May 9, 2012 at 9:38 am

Our hearts and prayers go out to this family.

Posted by CR, a resident of another community
on May 9, 2012 at 10:32 am

I am deeply saddened by this news. I have worked with Nate's father for 16 years, and I have also met Nate and the rest of the family. What a great young man he was! I cannot imagine what they are going through right now. I am so sorry! RIP

Posted by Jazzy, a resident of Livermore
on May 9, 2012 at 12:05 pm

incorrect info-He was riding south on Kara Place towards Lomitas when he turned onto Lomitas and hit the truck broadside. Just saying
RIP nathan

Posted by Judy Legos, a resident of another community
on May 9, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to Nathan. My heart and prayers go out to the family. I heard about the tragedy from my daughter who is a teacher at Williams school. I'm sure that there is much sadness at the school today.

Posted by Amanda, a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on May 9, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Nathan was a good and kind boy I go to mendenhall and it was sad it almost made me cry. He shouldn't of died. He should be alive. We love you Nathan..<3.... R.I.P Nathan Strube... Rest in paradise

Posted by Mike, a resident of Highland Oaks
on May 9, 2012 at 3:49 pm

How could this horrible accident have been avoided?

Mike

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.