More than 11 unlocked vehicles in the Val Vista neighborhood were reported searched by a thief or thieves between 8:45 p.m. Sunday and 9:20 a.m. Monday.
Six vehicles on Garner Court were hit, along with three on Robin Court, one on Grand Canyon Court and one on Addison Way. Although nothing major was stolen, miscellaneous items including change were taken or moved. Eleven people filed reports, although others were hit, with owners of those vehicles declining to file police reports. Extra patrols have been requested in the area. Police do not believe the case is linked to the tires slashed in another neighborhood.
In other police reports:
* What would have been a shoplifting arrest was elevated to armed robbery when the suspect pulled a knife on two Sears security guards. Justin Mitchell, 30 of Union City was arrested around 8:58 p.m. April 7 for robbery and attempting to flee from police.
* Two men face multiple charges in the attempted theft of three cell phones worth $500 in total from Walmart.
Christopher Allen Gaustad, 50, of Castro Valley and Christopher Wayne Branaugh, 25, a transient, were arrested for conspiracy, felony shoplifting and possession of burglary tools. The two used a magnetic key to unlock security devices holding the phones; store security spotted the two and watched as they walked out. The pair was arrested April 7 at 5:33 p.m.
* Anisha Joyce Ragland, 19, of Oakland was arrested for burglary at JC Penny in the Stoneridge Mall in the theft of $57 worth of makeup. Ragland was taken into custody at about 6:35 p.m. April 9.
* Jeffery Allen Larkin, 37, a transient, was arrested 5:26 p.m. April 9 after the theft of a bicycle in the 550 block of Peters Avenue. Larken was taken into custody near the intersection of Hopyard Road and Golden Road and arrested for possession of stolen property. Another bike theft was reported at about 4:43 p.m. April 9 in the 4500 block of Augustine Street; police have a suspect who is not being named.
* A driver asleep in a parking lot was arrested early April 5 for identity theft and possession of false documents. Police got a call about a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot in the 5100 block of Johnson Drive and arrested Kirshaunda Monique Savage, 24, of Merced, at around 3:10 a.m.
* A burglar at a home in the 1500 block of Rubino Court dropped a $400 set of golf clubs but got away with a $20 iPhone charger in an April 10 incident reported at 3:54 a.m. Police and a K9 unit were called to the scene and found the golf clubs not far from the break in, but no one was arrested. Entry was gained through an unlocked garage door.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 12:03 a.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road, identity theft
- 12:38 a.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; identity theft
- 6:56 a.m. in the 7600 block of Glenbrook Court; auto theft
- 11:59 a.m. in the 600 block of Abbie Street; grand theft
- 12:01 p.m. in the 4400 block of Muirwood Drive
- 12:03 p.m. in the 1100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; grand theft
- 11:35 p.m. in the 4700 block of Willow Road; grand theft
- 1:23 p.m. in the 5500 block of Springhouse Drive
- 6:35 a.m. at the intersection of Bernal Avenue and Meadowlark Drive
-6:36 a.m. at the intersection of Bernal Avenue and Tawny Drive
- 7:58 a.m. in the 5200 block of Forest Hill Drive
- 1:41 a.m. at the intersection of Pimlico Drive and Thistle Way; possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance
- 9:51 p.m. in the 1100 block of Vineyard Avenue; DUI
- 3:10 a.m. in the 5100 block of Johnson Drive; identity theft, possession of false documents
- 7:09 a.m. in the 5500 block of Paseo Navarro
- 7:14 a.m. in the 1600 block of Paseo del Cajon
- 8:27 a.m. in the 5500 block of Paseo Navarro
- 10:05 a.m. at Inspiration Terrace
- 6:55 p.m. in the 400 block of Amaral Circle
- 12:35 a.m. in the 5500 block of Springhouse Drive
- 3:04 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Valley Avenue
- 12:06 p.m. in the 6200 block of Hansen Drive
- 3:59 p.m. in the 3200 block of Chablis Court
- 8:39 a.m. in the 4900 block of Hopyard Road
- 6:15 p.m. in the 5000 block of Woodthrush Road
- 1:17 a.m. in the 5800 block of Valley Avenue; DUI
- 10:51 p.m. in the 3500 block of Touriga Drive; public drunkenness
- 8:58 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; robbery, flight from police pursuit
- 12:17 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 4:56 p.m. in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road
- 5:33 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; conspiracy, felony shoplifting and possession of burglary tools
- 1:27 p.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road
- 3:05 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; carrying a concealed knife
- 1:05 a.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 2:25 a.m. in the 4200 block of Valley Avenue; paraphernalia possession, carrying a concealed knife
- 2:27 p.m. in the 3200 block of Stanley Boulevard; marijuana possession
- 6:59 p.m. in the 4100 block of Vineyard Avenue; marijuana possession, possession of tobacco by a minor
- 11:54 p.m. in the 6700 block of Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 11:56 p.m. in the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road; paraphernalia possession
- 1:09 a.m. in the 3100 block of Hopyard Road; possession of false documents, under the influence of a controlled substance
- 3:25 p.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road
- 3:44 p.m. in the 6300 block of Stoneridge Mall road
- 12:54 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and St. Mary Street; DUI
- 2:25 a.m. in the 3000 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 11:13 p.m. in the 3200 block of Lagoon Road; controlled substance possession
- 7:14 p.m. in the 3100 block of Santa Rita Road
- 10:23 a.m. in the 6100 block of Crater Lake Court
- 1:23 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 2:44 p.m. in the 7000 block of Koll Center Parkway; identity theft
- 4:43 p.m. in the 4500 block of Augustine Street; possession of stolen property
- 3:53 p.m. in the 3900 block of Mt. Ranier Court
- 5:26 p.m. in the 550 block of Peters Avenue; possession of stolen property
- 5:46 p.m. in the 6900 block of Lassen Street
- 7:58 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 5:14 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 5:54 p.m. in the 3400 block of Isle Royal Court
- 2:48 p.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 11:55 p.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Court; possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 5:14 p.m. in the 6800 block of Corte Nuevo; identity theft
- 3:54 a.m. in the 1500 block of Rubino Court
- 2:59 p.m. in the 4500 block of Lin Gate Street
- 12:36 a.m. at the intersection of Stanley Boulevard and Isabel Avenue; minor transporting alcohol