An impromptu street race in Pleasanton between a Cadillac and a Hummer led to charges against two juveniles.
The Cadillac apparently won, since it cut off the Hummer when the two lanes merge to one past Payne Road.
The two teens were charged with racing, which is a misdemeanor.
In other police reports:
Three boxes of ammunition valued at $950 were among the items stolen in an overnight auto burglary on Owens Drive. The theft took place between 8:20 p.m. Oct. 26 and 9:15 a.m. Oct. 27. Also taken was a pair of Versace sunglasses worth $400, a $100 pair of protective shooting glasses, an MP3 player valued at $200, a $90 cigar lighter, cologne worth $15, and $5 in cash.
An Oct. 27 burglary in the 4300 block of Hacienda Drive netted $4,000 in tools and equipment. The break-in occurred in a trailer at the rear of a construction site and was reported at 7:13 a.m.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 9:20 a.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive; embezzlement
Lewd acts with a child
- 3:18 p.m. in the 200 block of Kottinger Drive, two counts
- 1:52 p.m. in the 3100 block of Paseo Granada
- 10:40 a.m. in the 3000 block of Briggs Court
- 10:54 a.m. in the 5500 block of Corte Sonora
- 7:03 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 8:24 p.m. in the 2900 block of Moreno Avenue
- 3:56 p.m. at the intersection of Carducci Drive and Appian Street; marijuana possession
- 4:47 p.m. in the 5700 block of Valley Avenue; DUI
- 5:08 p.m. in the 3100 block of Bernal Avenue; possession of a prescription in another's name
- 7:42 p.m. in the 100 block of Neal Street; public drunkenness
- 4:13 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 4:09 p.m. in the 400 block of Old Bernal Avenue
- 8:12 p.m. in the 5600 block of Owens Drive
- 3:20 p.m. in the 1600 block of Tanglewood Court; possession of a hypodermic needle
- 4:37 p.m. in the 4500 block of Black Avenue; public drunkenness
- 7:10 p.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; marijuana possession
- 8:05 p.m. in the 5200 block of Hopyard Road; marijuana possession
- 3:15 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; petty theft, possession of a controlled substance
- 5:18 p.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; petty theft
- 7:13 a.m. in the 4300 block of Hacienda Drive
- 10:39 a.m. in the 400 block of St. John Street
- 7:05 a.m. in the 1400 block of Whispering Oaks Way
- 7:40 a.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Drive
- 8:56 a.m. in the 4100 block of Amberwood Circle
- 4:58 p.m. in the 3800 block of Appian Street
- 1:47 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and I-580; possession of a controlled substance, DUI
- 3:18 p.m. in the 2600 block of Turnstone Drive; public drunkenness
- 11:33 p.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Stoneridge Drive; DUI
- 2:51 p.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive
- 12:54 a.m. in the 6300 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 11:17 p.m. in the 4600 block of Del Valle Parkway; underage drinking on private property, marijuana possession, battery
- 2:48 a.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and W. Las Positas Boulevard; auto theft
- 8:37 a.m. in the 4600 block of Willow Road; auto theft
- 3:01 p.m. in the 4000 block of Pimlico Drive; petty theft
- 5:22 p.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall road; petty theft
- 7:57 p.m. in the 4300 block of First Street
- 12:24 a.m. in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 3:51 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Crestline Road; public drunkenness
- 4:59 p.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and W. Las Positas Boulevard; driving with marijuana
- 7:09 a.m. in the 5700 block of Owens Drive; auto theft
- 10:58 a.m. in the 4100 block of Silver Street; identity theft
- 3:37 p.m. in the 2100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; petty theft
- 4:51 p.m. in the 5600 block of Owens Drive
This story contains 954 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.