News


Toxic fumes injure 3 Round Table Pizza employees

Hazardous Material team says cause was improper mixing of cleaning agents

Three employees of Pleasanton's Round Table Pizza were rushed to ValleyCare Medical Center Tuesday afternoon after inhaling toxic fumes in the dishwashing area of the restaurant.

Joe Testa, battalion chief of the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department, said firefighters treated the three employees at the scene and then had ambulances take them to ValleyCare. He said the department's Hazardous Material Team determined that the probable cause of the employees' symptoms was the mixing of cleaning agents that resulted in a hazardous "off-gassing."

The restaurant, located at 530 Main St., was ventilated by the fire department, re-checked and found to be normal, and was re-opened. The sidewalk in front of the restaurant was closed for about two hours.

Testa said the incident serves as a reminder to homeowners and businesses alike to never mix cleaning chemicals.

"Doing so can be highly dangerous to anyone who is around them," he said.

Comments

There are no comments yet. Please share yours below.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

To post your comment, please click here to login

Remember me?
Forgot Password?
or register. This topic is only for those who have signed up to participate by providing their email address and establishing a screen name.

DSRSD's Kohnen Scholarship on Hold
By Roz Rogoff | 0 comments | 849 views

Pleasanton's water use matches Las Vegas
By Tim Hunt | 10 comments | 781 views

Fifty Ways to Craze Your Donors
By Tom Cushing | 0 comments | 716 views

When Adult Children Go Off to College: Keeping Your Eye on The Law
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 498 views

Be a sport: Send us your youth sports news, scores and photos
By Gina Channell-Allen | 0 comments | 428 views