A Medallion Court resident with a surveillance system helped Pleasanton police catch two auto burglars Monday, law enforcement officers said.
The man watched on a monitor as two men broke into his car at around 5 a.m. He made note of their descriptions and what they were wearing, then called police dispatchers and said the two had fled toward Regency Drive.
Minutes later, one of the officers that went to Regency Drive spotted a man, who dropped a plastic bag with a small flashlight, a screwdriver and change when police approached.
When contacted, the man was evasive in his responses to the officer's questions, acted suspiciously and stated he was waiting for a friend to pick him up in a Pontiac. At that same time, the original victim on Medallion Court was checking his neighborhood and located a Pontiac sedan that was warm to the touch, indicating it had recently been driven.
The victim identified the man he'd seen break into his car, and Kyle Pierson, 18, of San Ramon was arrested on charges of burglary, vehicle tampering, prowling and possession of burglary tools.
Police remained on the scene near the Pontiac, and at 7:40 a.m., a man got into the car and drove toward Stoneridge Shopping Center, where officers made a traffic stop. The driver of the car, 20-year-old Alex Nejat of San Ramon, admitted to officers that he had been driving Pierson around Pleasanton with the intent of burglarizing vehicles. He was arrested on charges of burglary and possession of stolen property.
"In this particular case we found a 'multi-tool' similar to a Leatherman as well as a large ring of keys that would have fit multiple types of vehicles," Sgt. Michael Collins said in an email.
The two were booked into Santa Rita Jail.
In other police reports:
The Pleasanton Police Department made the following information available. Under the law, those charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
- 8:26 p.m. in the 2600 block of Monarda Court
- 3:35 p.m. in the 1400 block of Hopyard Road
- 7:01 p.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 10:16 p.m. at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 10:41 p.m. in the 5300 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 9:05 a.m. in the 6700 block of Koll Center Parkway; grand theft
- 1:50 p.m. in the 7300 block of Joshua Circle; auto theft
- 2:12 p.m. in the 2000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; identity theft, theft, two counts of forgery
- 3:19 p.m. in the 5800 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; grand theft
- 6:14 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; petty theft
- 7:36 p.m. in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue; grand theft
- 1:19 a.m. in the 600 block of Main Street; public drunkenness
- 10:51 a.m. in the 3000 block of Bernal Avenue; DUI
- 9:23 p.m. in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue; possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance, under the influence of a controlled substance
- 7:18 a.m. in the 5400 block of Black Avenue; auto theft
- 8:57 a.m. in the 8000 block of Ensenada Drive; auto theft
- 11:31 a.m. in the 2400 block of Pomino Way; grand theft
- 7:24 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; petty theft
- 11:09 a.m. in the 4200 block of Hacienda Drive
- 4:26 p.m. at the intersection of W. Las Positas Boulevard and I-680
- 6:15 p.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Court
- 11:01 a.m. in the 3500 block of Nevada Street
- 12:48 a.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive; public drunkenness
- 1:39 p.m. in the 5200 block of Genovesio Drive; marijuana possession
- 2:20 p.m. in the 1600 block of Tanglewood Court; possession of a hypodermic needle
- 7:52 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; under the influence of a controlled substance
- 8:25 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road; public drunkenness
- 9:31 p.m. in the 4900 block of Owens Drive; public drunkenness
- 6:24 a.m. in the 7900 block of Kentwood Way; petty theft
- 6:36 a.m. in the 5200 block of Muirwood Drive; petty theft
- 7:01 a.m. in the 5200 block of Muirwood Drive; auto parts theft
- 11:15 a.m. in the 4000 block of Pimlico Drive; petty theft
- 3:16 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; petty theft
- 4:49 a.m. in the 7900 block of Kentwood Way
- 1:32 p.m. at the intersection of Neal and Second Street
- 12:42 a.m. in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 1:07 a.m. at the intersection of Vineyard Avenue and Bernal avenue; DUI
- 2:14 a.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; paraphernalia possession
- 10:56 p.m. in the 3500 block of Valley Avenue; DUI
- 11:19 a.m. in the 1200 block of Greenwood Court; petty theft
- 1:41 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft
- 6:51 p.m. at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Guzman Parkway
- 7:37 a.m. in the 7700 block of Canyon Meadows Circle
- 8:27 a.m. in the 7700 block of Canyon Meadows Circle
- 12:43 a.m. in the 600 block of Varese Court
- 6:33 p.m. at the intersection of Neal Street and Second Street
- Midnight in the 3100 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; consumption of alcohol by a minor
- 12:49 a.m. at the intersection of Pimlico Drive and Portsmouth Court; juvenile
- 2:09 a.m. at the intersection of Busch Road and Ironwood Drive; DUI
- 9:35 a.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft
-10:03 a.m. in the 8000 block of Canyon Creek Circle; petty theft, auto burglary
- 12:11 p.m. in the 4400 block of Hacienda Drive; grand theft
- 3:10 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 7:50 a.m. in the 1300 block of Santa Rita Road
- 3:10 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 7:03 p.m. in the 7500 block of Stonedale Drive
- 4:07 a.m. in the 6000 block of Tillman Court
- 10:26 a.m. in the 8000 block of Canyon Creek Circle
- 6:03 p.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue
- 9:01 a.m. in the 6200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; vandalism, auto burglary
- 1:48 a.m. at the intersection of Bernal Avenue and Nevada Court