News

Services at 11 a.m. today for woman killed in motor scooter crash

Donna M. Bain-St. Germain remembered for being a 'supermom' and 'best friend'

Services for Donna M. Bain-St. Germain, who was killed last Saturday in a motorized scooter accident, will be held in Fremont at 11 a.m. this morning.

St. Germain, 45, died after crashing the scooter she was driving into a tree on Foothill Road just south of the Castlewood Country Club, according to the California Highway Patrol. St. Germain was driving northbound when she veered off the roadway at about 10 a.m. near Verona Road, according to a CHP spokesman.

Authorities said that neither drugs nor alcohol were a factor in the crash.

A mother of two, St. Germain was the loving wife of 15 years to Sam St. Germain of Pleasanton.

She was born Jan. 12, 1964 in Orange, Calif. and was described by friends and family as a "supermom" and "best friend." She dedicated her time and love to a daycare she ran for children.

She is survived by her husband, Sam; daughters, Florinda and Ashley; brothers, Frank Bain, Jr. of Albuquerque, N.M. and John Bain of Fremont. She was the daughter of Frank Sr. and Agnes Bain of Fremont. She is also survived by former husband, Angelo Cortez of Albuquerque, N.M.

A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. tomorrow at Fremont Memorial Chapel, 3723 Peralta Blvd., Fremont.

--Emily West, Janet Pelletier

Comments

Posted by Andres, a resident of Stoneridge
on May 20, 2009 at 12:16 pm

God Bless the family Bain and St. Germain. I offer my sincerest condolences to you Mr St. Germain, and my deepest most sincere condolences to your family in this time of loss and sorrow. Be strong and of good faith, my prayers go out to you Mr St. Germain, also to your wonderful daughters, to Donna's brothers, and additionally to hers/your family and friends who knew Donna.

Posted by , a resident of Amador Estates
on May 20, 2009 at 7:18 pm

im so sorry for you lose! her mom was a great person. god bless you

Posted by Cam Inman, a resident of Del Prado
on May 20, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Ms. Donna, as we called her the past eight years, was the most loving, caring, gracious, happy woman I've ever met. She cared for our three children like they were her own. We dearly miss her but are so thankful that she touched our lives and shared her love with us. Pleasanton lost an angel. Heaven gained one.

Posted by John Bain, a resident of another community
on May 20, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Thank you good folks for the kind words about my sister. She will be missed by many. I will miss you Donna, til' we meet again up above where I'm sure you'll have the barbecue ready....

Posted by Danae Gualandri, a resident of Amador Estates
on May 21, 2009 at 7:07 pm

Donna was a great friend and person. She was always so loving and kind to me, she always made me feel welcome in her home.I love you Donna, Sam, Ashley, Florinda and Becca! we will always be great friends i love you guys
I believe donna is in a better place now looking down on all those who loved her and cared for her to insure they are safe

Posted by Erika Shaffer, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 22, 2009 at 10:10 am

I only met Donna a few times recently, but in that short time I was struck by how generous and motherly Donna was. Donna even gave me an unexpected gift when she heard about a five-year-old girl I would be visiting. I believe Donna had a special heart that touched even those who just met her in passing.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Posted by Rob Jarrett, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 22, 2009 at 10:10 am

My condolences go out to the family. "Ms. Donna" was my supervisor when I first began working with children about nine years ago. She always had a big smile on her face when she would come in the morning and made all of her employees feel welcome. The passion she had for children was infectious, which is something I'll never forget.

Posted by ls, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on May 29, 2009 at 10:13 am

Which daycare did Ms Donna run? My son went to a daycare in Pleasanton near the Knoll shopping center off Valley and Bernal and was run by a Ms Donna.

Posted by Person, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 12, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Not sure if we're allowed to post this kind of information, but I figure the PW would take it down if necessary. She worked at the childcare center formerly known as Children's World Learning Center.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.